NexPoint Capital, Inc.
THE COMPANY’S PRIMARY OFFERING WAS TERMINATED ON FEBRUARY 14, 2018. IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMINATION OF THE PUBLIC OFFERING, THE COMPANY DEREGISTERED THE REMAINING UNSOLD SHARES. AN INVESTMENT IN NEXPOINT CAPITAL, INC. INVOLVES A HIGH DEGREE OF RISK AND THERE CAN BE NO ASSURANCE THAT THE INVESTMENT OBJECTIVES OF THIS PROGRAM WILL BE ATTAINED.
Investing in our shares of common stock may be considered speculative and involves a high degree of risk, including the risk of a substantial loss of investment. See the “Risk Factors” section of our prospectus to read about the risks you should consider before buying our shares including the risk of leverage.
The public offering price of NexPoint Capital’s common stock is subject to a sales load of up to 8% and offering expenses of up to 1%. Estimated annual fund expenses as a percentage of the average net assets attributable to common stock are 6.6%. Expenses and fees are described more fully in the prospectus. Annual expense ratio calculated as set forth in the prospectus and based on public offering price in effect on such date. Please consult the prospectus and read it carefully.
- You should not expect to be able to sell your shares of common stock regardless of how we perform.
- If you are able to sell your shares of common stock, you will likely receive less than your purchase price.
- We do not intend to list our shares of common stock on any securities exchange during, or for what may be a significant time after, the offering period, and we do not expect a secondary market in the shares of common stock to develop.
- Because our common stock will not be listed on a securities exchange, you may be unable to sell your shares and, as a result, you may be unable to reduce your exposure on any market downturn.
- We intend to implement a share repurchase program, but we do not expect to repurchase more than 10% of the weighted average number of shares that were outstanding in the prior calendar year. In addition, any such repurchases will be at a 10% discount to the current offering price in effect on the date of repurchase.
- Our distributions may be funded from offering proceeds or borrowings, which may constitute a return of capital and reduce the amount of capital available to us for investment. Any capital returned to stockholders through distributions will be distributed after payment of sales load, fees and expenses and such amounts will not be recoverable by our stockholders.
- You should consider that you may not have access to the money you invest for an indefinite period of time. An investment in our shares of common stock is not suitable for you if you need access to the money you invest. See “Share Repurchase Program,” “Suitability Standards” and “Liquidity Strategy.”
- The lack of experience of our investment adviser operating under the constraints imposed on us as a business development company and RIC may hinder the achievement of our investment objective.
- We intend to finance our investments with borrowed money, which will magnify the potential for gain or loss on amounts invested and may increase the risk of investing in us.
- We are subject to risks associated with middle-market healthcare companies, including competition, extensive government regulation and commercial difficulties.
- Our CLO investments may be riskier and less transparent to us and our stockholders than direct investments in the underlying companies. Our investments in equity and mezzanine tranches of CLOs will likely be subordinate to the other debt tranches of such CLOs, and are subject to a higher degree of risk of total loss.
- There are significant potential conflicts of interest that could affect our investment returns.