Eligibility and Details
- To be eligible to participate in this charity event (the “Event”), entrants must be financial advisors with a firm that has a selling agreement with NexPoint Securities, Inc. (“NexPoint) or an RIA
- Financial advisors/RIA must agree to play golf with an employee of NexPoint or one of its affiliates.
- The Event starts on September 27, 2022, and concludes October 8, 2022.
- On October 17, 2022, winning teams will be selected.
- The event will be played pursuant to USGA rules.
- During the week of the event, advisors can check the scores of other teams online.
- Once all teams have played, the winning teams will be announced online at https://www.nexpoint.com/nexpoint-charity-golf-event
- The website above is a not publicly available. Only participants and NexPoint employees will be granted access.
- NexPoint reserves the right to change the rules and the aforementioned Event dates, as necessary.
How to Enter
- Each participant must complete and return the Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk attached hereto as Exhibit A (the “Release”) by October 8, 2022.
NexPoint is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
- Two winning teams will be selected and will be recognized as follows:
- Team with the lowest score: NexPoint will recommend a donation of $10,000 be made to the local charity of the team’s choice.
- Team with the second-lowest score: NexPoint will recommend a donation of $2,000 be made to the local charity of the team’s choice.
* Charitable donations may not be made to organizations that (i) do not have a 501(c)(3) nonprofit status; (ii) do not comply with our Code of Conduct, including our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination; (iii) political organizations; or (iv) are for religious purposes.
- Other Awards:
- Closest to the Pin – The closest to the Pin is played on the first par three which is over 160 yards. Team Captains must bring a measuring tape (let us know if you need one) and measure in feet and inches how far the closest shot is from their group. Must be on the green to count. NexPoint will recommend a donation of $1,000 be made to the local charity of the team’s choice.
- Lowest Total Putts – Team Captain shall record the total number of scoring putts for the group during the round. Reminder: a putt is from anywhere on the green, and putts from the fringe do not count as a putt. NexPoint will recommend a donation of $1,000 be made to the local charity of the team’s choice.
- Most Engagement on Social Media – The team with the most engagement on their social media posts during the tournament with NexPoint tagged. NexPoint will recommend a donation of $1,000 be made to the local charity of the team’s choice.
- Hole in One – NexPoint will recommend a $50,000 grant to any team that scores a hole in one. The grant may be made in multiple installments over the grant period ending 12/31/23.
Winners will be notified by email. Only participants who have timely submitted a completed Entry Form and Release are eligible for an Award.
Teams playing on a non-official course (such as Top Golf) are not eligible for an Award.
There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any Award. NexPoint has the right to substitute an Award of similar value. No transfer or assignment of an Award is allowed.
NexPoint is not liable if the provider of any part of the Award fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the Award.
NexPoint is not responsible for any liability arising directly or indirectly from the Award.
In claiming your Award, you acknowledge that NexPoint has the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.